Created by beth on April 17, 2016
Having trouble getting the veggies into your family. Try these crunchy Zucchini Oven Sticks for an after school snack.
- fresh pepper
- 3 medium zucchini sliced into 3″ x 1/2″ sticks
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
- In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat.
- Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top.
- Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.