Pomegranate Dinner and Drinks #cookwithpom
Boy, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind, that’s why I was so happy to be invited to a dinner party with POM Wonderful and Momtrends. The evening was filled with cocktails, cooking and catching up with old friends.
Dinner tasted great, all the women that attended the event had the chance to cook one of the dishes. We made POM POMS Moroccan Shrimp, Pomamole ( Guacamole with POM POMS), Roasted Salmon topped with POM POMS salsa , Stuffed Squash with POM POMS, and Whole Wheat POM POMS Aril Waffles but my favorite was the Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower topped with POM POMS.
Below are a few of the amazing recipes from the night:
Moroccan Shrimp With Pom Poms Aril
Serves 10 appetizers
- 1.5 cup Pom Poms Fresh Arils
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby arugula
For the Sauce
- 4 cups POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- For the sauce, in a pot over a high heat, stir together POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice, sugar, and lemon juice until the sugar dissolves. Boil until liquid thickens and is reduced to one cup (approx 45 minutes).
- Toss shrimp in a bowl with cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and
- olive oil and stir to coat.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook two minutes per side until pink and opaque. Brush shrimp with sauce. Serve arugula on the side tossed with lemon juice and olive oil. Top shrimp and arugula with Pom Poms Fresh Arils for serving.
Roasted Salmon With Pom Poms Salsa (6 servings)
- 8 oz. Pom Poms Fresh Arils
- 1.75 lbs. salmon filet
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Heat broiler to high with rack 6 inches below the broiler. Season salmon with sea salt and pepper. Place salmon on a foil-lined pan and broil until cooked through.
- Stir together the Pom Poms Fresh Arils, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Spoon salsa over the salmon.
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower topped with POM POMS. (6 servings)
- ½ cup POM POM Fresh Arils
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and cut cauliflower into small pieces
- In a bowl, toss together the cauliflower, olive oil, Parmesan, salt and pepper
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and roast, until cauliflower begins to turn golden, about 35 minutes, turning with a spatula half-way through.
- Serve on a platter topped with POM POMS Fresh Arils and parsley
Whole Wheat POM POMS fresh Arils Waffles (6 servings)
- 1 ½ cup POM POMS Fresh Arils
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt
- ⅓ cup honey
- Heat waffle iron. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mix together the milk, egg yolks and oil. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to firm peaks. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients then fold in the egg whites.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter on the waffle iron for each waffle. Cook until golden and crispy. Place on a cooling rack immediately after removing from the waffle iron. Top waffles with POM POMS Fresh Arils, yogurt and drizzle with honey.
Now for the DRINKS!!
Pom Wonderful and Momtrends served two wonderful drinks, The Dapper Devil and POM Refresh.
- 2 oz POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 2 slices fresh jalapeno
- 1 1/2 oz Gin
- Splash of seltzer
- Twist of lime
POM Refresh ( Mocktail)
- 6 oz POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 10 leaves of fresh mint
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 tbsp POM POMS Fresh Arils
So of course, I went home and made up my own drink:
POM Wonderful Rosemary Martini by BBK
Makes: 6 drinks, 1 pitcher
- 5 cups vodka
- 5 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon twists from lemon peel
- Rosemary sprigs
Combine the vodka, pomegranate juice, and lemon juice in a pitcher filled with ice, mix well. Fill martini glasses with pomegranate arils, and lemon twists. Pour vodka mixture into glasses straining out the ice and garnish with rosemary sprigs. Enjoy!
A little POMDUCATION:
Pomegranates are in season in North America from September through February and the most amazing product, according to my kids, are POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Aril. http://www.pomwonderful.com/pomegranate-products/freshfruit/pom-wonderful-fresh-pomegranate-arils/
Available from October to January. The kids love to make virgin cocktails with POM juice and seltzer then garnish them with the Arils. Each 8oz bottle has as much potassium as a medium banana, has no sugar added and you get two whole pomegranates in that bottle. For a few not so virgin cocktails check more recipes from POM Wonderful. http://www.pomwonderful.com/pomegranate-cocktails/
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post from MomTrends & POM Wonderful. Photos courtesy of MomTrends. Opinions are all mine.