Your whole family will love this dish, even the picky eaters! It’s considerably lower in fat, contains a fair amount of vegetables, and uses nutrient rich ingredients. Try it and let me know how it goes!
- 2 box penne pasta
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 2 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces organic plain greek yogurt
- 8 ounces raw goat or cheddar, shredded
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- leaves of kale, torn into bite size pieces
- In a large pot with hot water, cook your pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While your pasta is cooking prepare your sauce. In a medium skillet over med-high heat add ¼ cup water, minced garlic, diced onion, yellow squash, zucchini, a pinch of sea salt, and pepper and cook for several minutes until soft. Using water eliminates the need for oil or butter. You\'ll still have the same great taste but without the added fat! If the pan starts to get dry, simply add more water.
- Continue to cook for about 10mins or so until veggies get very soft and start to dissolve. If your picky eaters are sensitive to texture, you could also use an immersion blender or food processor to blend.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked veggies with the kale, greek yogurt and shredded goat cheddar, adding sea salt and pepper to taste as needed. Then stir in your pasta and serve immediately.