Blue Barn Kitchen Bars were born out of the need for feeding my newly diagnosed gluten-free son something after he came home from Lacrosse practice. I know millions of moms can relate to the question – WHAT DO I FEED MY KIDS? My son, is gluten intolerant, though we did not always know. Months of inexplicable headaches and fatigue led us to medical misdiagnosis and cutting different components of his diet until we finally found the problem: gluten. Gluten was the culprit that was keeping my 12-year-old from enjoying birthday parties and family outings after eating a slice of pizza. As a holistic nutritionist, I knew that food had the power to change his wellbeing, plus millions of other people were having the same issues. This was before there even was a GF aisle in the supermarket.
I started making him everything as GF (Gluten Free) as I could I made GF bread and cookies and muffins and snacks. Honestly, they all sucked! I started experimenting with GF oats and nuts. I knew that he needed the oats for energy to get thru his sports practices but he also needed fiber and protein. Then the Blue Barn Kitchen Bar was created.
While many bars on the market are all natural or organic or gluten-free, they primarily fall into one of three categories. The bars were held together by either sugar (very sweet), crushed dates (predominant flavor of all of the bars) or whey protein (these are the ones with a dry, chalk-like texture). Our bars are nut butter and honey-based providing a better flavor profile and texture. They are also organic, whole, unrefined and gluten-free. It also doesn’t hurt that they taste delicious.
Blue Barn Kitchen Bars have no chemicals, no preservatives, no fillers and nothing artificial. They are made with the highest quality ingredients that are organic and gluten free. These bars are high in protein and fiber, loaded with omega-3s and omega-6s and sweetened with the highest quality raw honey. Our Mission is to create mouthwatering, lavish, superfoods using all organic ingredients.
- Our commitment to using only organic ingredients means that the consumer, farmers, and land are not exposed to toxic chemicals or Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)… the food remains as nature intended.
- We disregard highly processed ingredients like soy protein isolate and refined sweeteners. We add premium antioxidant-rich seeds to every bar; hemp, chia and pumpkin, and dried fruit, plus scrumptious dark chocolate.
- Always healthy. We believe everyone can improve their health and that the smallest changes can have a profound impact. Adding BBK Bars to your diet is one change that’s easy to make. We believe that the freshest, healthiest ingredients are also the best tasting. We are passionate about keeping families active and healthy,
- Minimal processing means less heating and cooling and a lower carbon footprint from crop to table. Made with simple, powerful ingredients (no syrup, salt, flour, or oil).
- Free of preservatives and other additives, our food is perishable. Store frozen for maximum life and flavor
Our goal is to provide naturally delicious bars that people love to eat. With so many choices on the shelf, we would like to thank you for being part of our family and choosing Blue Barn Kitchen Bars. To get your very own click BBK Bars click thru.