- 4 ounces almond meal
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 24oz can tomatoes (700g / 24oz)
- 2 lbs beef & turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F) and a small frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add a 2 tbs of olive oil and the chopped onion to the frying pan and cook, stirring from time to time, until just soft and golden. About 5 minutes.
- Place tomato in the base of an oven proof dish. And combine meat and almond in a bowl. Season.
- Add the softened onions to the meat and mix to combine. Using your hands and a tablespoon, form the mixture into little meat balls no larger than a golf ball. Placing them on top of the tomato as you go.
- Scatter pieces of butter over the meatballs and bake for 30–45 minutes or until browned on top and cooked through.