- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheese of choice (optional)
- 8 large tortillas
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4oz can diced green chilies
- salt and pepper
- OR 1.5 lbs pre-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into sm all 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 9 x 13-inch baking dish with 1/3 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom, set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced chicken and green chilies, and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through. If using pre-cooked chicken, add when onion and chilies are done. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the enchiladas, set up your work station, layout all the ingredients in a line. Take one tortilla and spread two tablespoons of beans over the surface of the tortilla. Then add a spoonful of the chicken chilies mixture, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese and 2 tbs enchilada sauce. Roll up tortilla and place in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Then spread the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas, and sprinkle on the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately, top with chopped cilantro and serve.