Butternut Squash Apple Soup
Enjoy this Butternut Squash soup on a cold way without any guilt. A small list of ingredients that is huge on taste.
Check out this article from my friend Helen at Well Being Secrets on the 34 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Apples.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 2 inch cubes
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups stock or water
- In a large pot warm oil
- Caramelize onion, sautéing 10-15 minutes until golden brown
- Add squash cubes, apple slices and cinnamon and cook for 10 minutes
- Pour stock into pot and bring mixture to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes
- In a vitamix puree soup in very small batches (for safety). Serve hot