- 3 large sweet potatoes, diced (about 6 cups)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 ½ cups uncooked red lentils (masoor dal)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons each ground coriander, garam masala, and chili powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- Place the sweet potatoes, vegetable broth, onion, garlic, and spices in a crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, until vegetables are soft.
- Add the lentils and stir once.
- Replace the lid and cook on high for an additional 1½ hours.
- Stir in the coconut milk and as much water as needed to get the right consistency.