- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces farfalle
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound baby arugula
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous amount of salt.
- Cookpasta until al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and the garlic to the pot; cook over medium heat, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add arugula; toss just until wilted.
- Add beans, pasta, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper. Heat, tossing, until butter is melted and beans and pasta are warmed through, about 1 minute. Add enough reserved pasta water to create a thin sauce to coat pasta.
- To serve, divide among shallow bowls, and garnish with walnuts