I have always loved a good pickle from the deli, but I didn’t know how good pickles could really be until I made my own. Try this easy recipe to make your own special brand of pickles. Plus by adding pickles to your diet your are increasing your probiotic intake and increasing your gut health. #theregimen.
- Category: Snacks
- 1 -1/4 cups distilled white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled and rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 -3/4 to 2 pounds Kirby cucumbers (about 6), cut
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 16 dill sprigs
- Combine the vinegar, salt and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat. Whisk until all the ingredients are dissolved. Transfer everything into a bowl and whisk in the cold water. Refrigerate solution until ready to use.
- Stuff the cucumbers into two clean 1-quart bell jars. Add the rest of the ingredients, and chilled solution into the jars.
- If needed, add cold water to the jars until the solution covers the cucumbers. Screw on the tops and refrigerate about 24-48 hours.
- Try one, if you think it needs more time, it does. Cucumbers will keep in the refrigerator for up to one month.