To make the pesto
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup basil
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
To make the Taco
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, cut into medium cubes
- 1 russet potato, cut into medium cubes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 teaspoons Taco Seasoning (Recipe below)
- OR 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 8 yellow corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- lime, salsa and cilantro for toppings
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400. In a medium bowl toss the cubed potatoes with the olive oil and 2 tsp Taco Seasoning or 1 tsp chili, 1 tsp cumin and ¼ tsp garlic powder. Then bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, put all the ingredients for the pesto in a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper. With the motor running, pour the oil in a thin stream. You\'re making pesto. Make sure to taste test for salt and pepper levels.
- Open the can of beans and rinse then pour into a small pan and add the remaining Taco Seasoning. Heat for 5 minutes until hot. While the beans are heating, wrap a stack of tortillas in a packet of aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
- Place 2 tortillas on a plate, then spoon on some beans, russet and sweet potatoes. Place 1 tbsp of pesto on top of veggies. Top with avocado, salsa, and cilantro leaves. Squeeze lime to top off your amazing tacos. This is defiantly a fork and knife taco. Put less ingredients in your taco if you want to eat it by hand.
- Instruction for Taco Seasoning: Mix together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.