- Prep Time: 25m
- Yield: 8 pancakes
- Category: Breakfast
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in cottage cheese, milk, egg whites, and vanilla.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium. Working in batches of two, drop batter into pan, ¼ cup per pancake.
- Cook until just set around the edges and small bubbles appear on top, about 1 minute. Flip pancakes, and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, using 1 teaspoon oil for each of remaining batches. Serve immediately.