- Serves: 2
- Category: Breakfast
- 8 large egg whites (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 4 to 6 tablespoons prepared salsa
- Flatbread, for serving (optional)
- Whisk egg whites with the water; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium. Add half the egg-white mixture; cook, pulling in eggs from edges with a flexible heatproof spatula to allow runny parts to run underneath, until nearly set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with half the cheese and salsa. Gently slide omelet onto a plate, tipping skillet to fold over omelet on plate. Repeat with remaining egg-white mixture, cheese, and salsa. Serve with flatbread, if desired.