- 2 pounds ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs or GF
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, use a fork to combine the ground chicken, garlic, parsley, oregano, and lemon juice. Season with the salt and pepper. Form the meat into 16 small patties.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Coat each patty in the crumbs, turning to coat and pressing so the crumbs adhere; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add some of the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes total. (If the patties brown before they’re cooked through, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and continue to cook for a few minutes more.)
- Repeat with the remaining oil and patties. Serve plain or on hot-dog buns halved to match the miniature size of the burgers
- To freeze: Form the chicken mixture into patties but do not coat it in the breadcrumbs. Place the patties on a parchment- or wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze. Transfer to a large resalable bag and store for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or defrost in the microwave. Coat in the breadcrumbs