- Yield: 12 individual quiches
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 (20 oz) bag frozen all-natural Hash Browns
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs & 3 egg whites
- 8 ounces frozen organic chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Pour 1/4 tsp olive oil into each cup of the muffin tin.
- Add 1/2 cup hash browns to each cup.
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove tin from oven and using a wooden spoon, press softened hash browns against the sides of each tin, leaving a thin layer on the bottom.
- Drizzle hash browns with and additional 1/8 tsp olive oil.
- Return muffin tin to oven and continue baking an additional 20 minutes oruntil browned and crisp. Set aside
For Mini Quiches:
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 tsp olive oil and chopped onion.
- Saute until translucent (3-5 minutes). Let cool.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs, egg whites, spinach, onion, milk, Gruyere and sea salt.
- Pour egg mixture into browned hash brown cups.
- Return muffin tin to oven and bake quiches for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature