- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, such as safflower
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups raisin-bran cereal
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup packed dark-brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 6 cups of a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine cereal with milk; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir oil, egg, and brown sugar into cereal mixture, then fold in flour mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups. Bake, rotating tin halfway through, until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in tin 5 minutes, then turn out muffins onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Muffins can be stored up to 3 days at room temperature, or frozen up to 3 months, in a large resealable plastic bag; thaw at room temperature and warm in the oven before serving.