Broiled Asparagus & Orange Slices with Olive Oil & Shallots
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody stem ends snapped off and discarded
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 very thin orange (lemon) slices, cut into quarters
- 1/4 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- Adjust an oven rack as close to the broiling element as possible.
- Heat the broiler on high.
- In a bowl, toss the asparagus spears with the oil to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the shallot slices in a thin layer on one side of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Put the asparagus in a single layer on top of them.
- Toss the orange slices with the leftover oil in the bowl you used for the asparagus.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer alongside the asparagus.
- Broil until the asparagus and the oranges just start to char, 5 to 8 min.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the asparagus with the orange zest.
- Arrange the asparagus, shallots and oranges on a serving dish.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Blue Barn Kitchen https://bluebarnkitchen.com/