Go ahead, eat the candy but all the walking you will be doing won’t burn off the Butterfingers and Milky Ways that you snack on along the way. According to Popsugar it takes 9 minutes of jumping jacks to burn off one of the small bags of M&M’s.
I know the amount of candy my kids bring home and there can be anywhere between 5000-8000 calories in the bag. Should we even talk about the sugar?? Over Halloween kids eat about 3 cups of sugar and adult are not much better.
So what are we to do?
Try these five steps to a healthier Halloween:
- Love a peanut butter cup? Go organic try Justin’s. Made with dark chocolate, has less sugar and no chemicals but the same great taste.
- Pick the “better” candy. Stay away from the Jolly Rangers or the Milky ways, full of high fructose corn syrup and sugars. Stay with a mini-size 3 Musketeer or a lollypop. Both have less of the “bad” stuff and they will satisfy your cravings.
- Do you really want to eat it? Or is it just there. Make sure that you really want it and enjoy your choice. NO Guilt!!
- Eat super healthy & exercise tomorrow. Try this healthy smoothie to get your nutrients and start detoxing from all the candy.
- Donate the candy. I might be a mean mom but my kids get 10 -15 pieces, then the rest gets donated or goes to the office wth dad. Do not leave it lingering in the house to call to you when you least expect it. “Eat me!”
Happy Halloween and stay on the look-out for the ghosts and goblins! They ruin everything.