- 4 6 oz bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, whole
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (GF version if needed)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch black pepper
- Optional: 1 whole jalapeno or 3/4 cup prepared Teriyaki Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan add the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, pepper, and jalapeno if you are using it. Mix the water and cornstarch together and add. Bring to a simmer and let simmer until it thickens, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, in a baking dish covered with tinfoil. Pour two thirds of the teriyaki sauce over the chicken. Save the remaining sauce for drizzling over the chicken before serving.
- Bake the chicken for 45-60 minutes until cooked completely and juices run clear