Brown rice gets soooo boring….. Try adding your own nuts and dried fruit too.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Soak raisings in boiling water for 10 minutes. 2. Place warmed rice in a large bowl. Add green onions, nuts, parsley, and mint, stirring to combine. Combine zest and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add juice mixture to rice mixture, stirring to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.