- 12 skinless organic chicken thighs
- 3 cups of fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon 21 Salute Seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in the crockpot.
- In a bowl combine remaining ingredients, stir well.
- Pour sauce over chicken and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve over rice or sautéed spinach with a salad.
- Notes: If you don’t have fresh tomatoes use 1(14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes. If you use fresh tomatoes and want a smooth sauce, remove chicken and blend tomatoes with an immersion blender or transfer to blender.