Makes 1/2 cup
- Category: Dips, Sauces and Nut Butters
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for storing (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, finely chop parsley, cheese, and garlic. With the motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream; season with pepper.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container and cover with a thin layer of oil; refrigerate up to 4 days or freeze up to 3 months
- Freezing Pesto: Pesto keeps very well in the freezer, so it’s worth making extra. Freeze it in small airtight containers, covered with a thin layer of olive oil. Defrost in the refrigerator before using.