- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground Organic beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup grated Organic Cheddar (2 ounces)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until it is slightly darkened, 1 minute.
- Stir in the beans, chili powder, 3 cups water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the corn.
- Divide the chili among bowls and top with the Cheddar and scallions