- 1 cup dried quinoa
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- juice on 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- large handful salad greens
- Toast quinoa in a large dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until it becomes aromatic and begins to crackle and brown, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat and simmer, covered, until all the water has been absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, toast pecans in the same dry skillet, stirring often, until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, capers, salt, and pepper. Fluff quinoa with a fork and add to the dressing, along with toasted pecans, blueberries, capers, mint. Stir well to distribute the dressing. Serve chilled or at room temperature