- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick-cooking)
- ¾ cup toasted wheat germ
- ¾ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- ¼ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- ½ cup dried fruit, such as dried cherries, dates, raisins, or a mixture, halved or chop
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Add oats, wheat germ, and walnuts, stirring to combine. Spread in an even layer and toast until mixture is lightly browned, about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven.
- Raise oven temperature to 350°F. Stir together apple juice, brown sugar, and oil. Pour over oat mixture; stir to combine, and spread evenly in pan. Bake until oats are crisp, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Let cool in pan, about 25 minutes; toss with dried fruit. Granola can be stored up to 1 month in the refrigerator in an airtight container.