- 4 Italian turkey sausage links
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hot dog rolls
- Heat a large non stick pan with 1 tsp olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add sausage links and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove sausages and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, first add garlic to pan and cook until slightly brown, about 1 minute, then add onions and peppers. Cook until peppers are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bring it all to a simmer. Add sausages back to pan and simmer until cooked, about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Build your meal by placing 1 link of sausage on each roll, then top with peppers and onions. Enjoy!