The SuperBowl is just around the corner, and football parties are always a good time. I love to socialize and be with my friends but I often struggle with what to eat, because feeling overstuffed, bloated, puffy and tired the next few days just isn’t worth it.
There are a ton of healthier SuperBowl snack options to choose from, so we can have our fun and eat it, too. Whether you decide to make a full healthy menu from scratch, or just sneak a few healthy party snacks onto the buffet table, everyone will love these options.
Healthy Super Bowl Snacks & Recipes
- Bean Salad with Lemon and Parsley Dressing
- Superbowl Sausage and Peppers
- Baked Meatballs
- Creamy Penne with Veggies
Check out this Facebook Live video, I made the three recipes below. You can even cook along.
I’m making Baked Chicken Wings with Hot Sauce, Easy Two Meat Chili, and Zucchini Pesto Wraps Ups. BUT don’t forget your signature drink from my new Cocktail Cookbook – “Clean Cocktails”. I’m making a Jalapeno margarita using St. George Spirits. Easy to make a pitcher and a for sure crowd pleaser.
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- Jalapeño Syrup
- Combine the tequila, grapefruit and lime juices, Jalapeño Syrup, and ice in a highball glass and stir.
- Top off with garnish and serve.
Crispy Buffalo Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cover each wing evenly with ½ teaspoon of the sea salt and ground pepper. Bake at 400 F for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make the buffalo sauce:
- In a small saucepan on the stove, mix the coconut oil, vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining sea salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Whisk again just before using.
- When the chicken comes out of the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes then place in a large bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over. Stir and combine until each wing is evenly coated.
Two Meat Chili
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 carrot chopped
- 2 small zucchini chopped fine
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 c. water
- 2 15 oz can red kidney beans with bean juice
- 2 15 oz can white with bean juice
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Add the ground meats to a large, heated pot cook until brown.
- Add in onion, bell peppers, and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Ad the remaining ingredients and spices and cook about 5 more.
- Add the water and both cans of beans and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer the chili (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
Zucchini Pesto Roll-Ups
- 1-2 zucchinis
- 1/2 c. pesto
- veggies cut into sticks
To make the Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine basil, garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and in a food processor. Pulse until the pesto is totally smooth.
- Prep the zucchini Chop using a mandolin or vegetable peeler, peel long strips of the zucchini.
- On a flat surface, lay out a slice of zucchini, spoonful a portion onto the zucchini strip and even it out. Cover the strip with a thin layer pesto Place the veggies at one end of the zucchini and start to roll the strip up.
- Repeat the process until you run out of ingredients and enjoy.